Greetings from Jimmy “T’s” Fly Fish Arkansas. The leading guide service on the White River and your SHAD KILL Head Quarters.
Wanna fish the SHAD KILL? Been searching the net for info? Looking for a guide? LOST in the fog? Getting lots of contradictory info? Your not alone !!!!!!!
Here is the low down and some FACTS!
1. Can I wade fish the shad kill on the white river? The shad kill happens with lots of generation so wade fishing is pretty much out of the question! You need to fish the Shad Kill out of a boat.
2. Can I fish out of a drift boat. Yes!!!! You can put in at the dam and drift down once; but try rowing back up to fish that productive stretch again on 24,000 CFS. A motor would be good!
3. I have my own Jon boat and motor so what do I need to fish with? Drop by Wishes & Fishes fly shop (870) 445-3848 has the most complete selection of shad patterns in the State. Hands Down.
4. I called another fly shop and they said they had the best guides in the area so why should I call you? Call them. That fly shop has new owners and new guides and they need the experience.
5. Why should I fish the shad kill with Fly Fish Arkansas and Jimmy T. ????
“No one knows the river and the shad kill better than Jimmy T. My son and I have fished with Jim for 14 years” Dan D. The Colony Tx.
” Hey Jim, Thanks for the great fishing. I called around and asked who was the best fly guide on the river was and got a bunch of hoopla and other B.S. When I asked who else to give a ring to your name came up numerous times so I called you. Great time mate. Good fishing and thanks for the good times. Hope to see you soon.” Andy Hamilton, Australia
“Jimmy your the shad kill king. See ya’ next year” Brian G St. Louis Mo.
“Jim, thanks for taking care of my boys and friends while we were on vacation last March. We had a great time and caught some really good fish. You set us up with some great guides and fed us well. Looking forward to next year. That shad kill is some really good fun.”
Bob. Denton Tx
“Jim, thanks for a good time on the river. The fishing was tough and we got a bunch of little ones but I always get at least one good trout every trip I take.” Bill M. New Jersey
Have you signed up for the shad kill alert yet? If not you can do so by sending an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org with Shad Kill Alert in the subject line. You will get an automated response letting you know you have been signed up. If you do not get a confirmation you have not been signed up for the Shad Kill Alert.
Be amongst the first to know of this much anticipated event.
Fishing and Lodging Special for two nights and a full day of fishing $468.00 for two. Includes lunch, flies, leader, tippet, water, rods and reels. All you need to bring is your license, trout stamp and clothing. Tax on lodging is 9% or $10.62 . Book soon. Add $100.00 for a third person.
Lodging at River Cliff Cabin on the White River. See website for pics of lodging. Call for rates on three nights lodging and two days of fishing, 870-404-8906
Good Fishing and Stay Warm.