Categories
Uncategorized

Monday Update: OCT 18 2010

Shane from Dallas

Weak generation seems to be the pattern for this fall with occasional peaks of power demand for generation.

Shawn and a crew from the Dallas area came to fish and Steve N helped me out with the trip.  We fished at Rim Shoals for numbers of fish for our just starting out fisherman.  A beautiful day supplied us with lots of action & fun. The crew were fast learners and picked up the casting and hooking part quickly.

Trout are starting to spawn along different areas of the river at this time.  Everyday sees moves of fish into these areas.  Please be careful when wading these areas as some fish are starting to spawn in shallow gravel areas.  Do not stand in the redds and during the weak generation we are getting redds are popping up in areas that don’t usually see them.

Saturday and Sunday we fished from the state park down to the narrows using mostly eggs and san juan worms on a unit of water.  Fluctuation wasn’t bad these days.  Hoppers are still drawing some action at the dam along with some foam ants.  Don’t forget to use a dropper.

Lake Level:  The lake level at Bull Shoals is down to 652.74 as of 4:00 A.M. This is the first time in a few years the lake level has remained below the normal pool elevation of 654.00

Looks as though our weather is in for a bit of a change.  We’ve been pretty dry so far this month and most of the state is on a burn ban.  Sunrise is at 7:20 am and sunset is at 6:30 pm.  Today our highs will see the lower 8o’s and tonight there is a chance of showers and thunderstorms after midnight with lows in the lower 50’s  The chance of rain is 40%  Tuesdays brings another 40% chance of precip with highs in the upper 60’s.  Tuesday nights lows will se the mid 40’s with a 20% chance odfprecip.

Mondays generation will bring some fluctuating generation with s shut down scheduled for two hours from 7:00 am till 9:00 am With generation of 2 units after that until 10 P.M. when generation will cease.   The norfork will run two units from 5:00 am till 7:00 am when it will be shut off and resume generation again at 2:00 P.M.

Good fishing.

By JimTraylor

I have 25 years experience guiding on the White River and have taught 100's of folks how to fly fish. I welcome newcomers. My casting instruction technique is simple, gentle, easy going and highly productive. All trips are catch and release only.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.