“When, in the course of human events, it becomes necessary for one people to dissolve the political bands which have connected them with another, and to assume among the powers of the earth, the separate and equal station to which the laws of nature and of nature’s God entitle them, a decent respect to the opinions of mankind requires that they should declare the causes which impel them to the separation. We hold these truths to be self-evident, that all men are created equal, that they are endowed by their Creator with certain unalienable rights, that among these are life, liberty and the pursuit of happiness. That to secure these rights, governments are instituted among men, deriving their just powers from the consent of the governed. That whenever any form of government becomes destructive to these ends, it is the right of the people to alter or to abolish it, and to institute new government, laying its foundation on such principles and organizing its powers in such form, as to them shall seem most likely to effect their safety and happiness.”
Remember who we are and what our forefathers fought and died for. FREEDOM! We are not subjects of a government. The government is a subject of the people and the constitution is a contract. Protect it! Love it! Fight for it!
“Government “help” to business is just as disastrous as government persecution… the only way a government can be of service to national prosperity is by keeping its hands off.”
“Potentially, a government is the most dangerous threat to man’s rights: it holds a legal monopoly on the use of physical force against legally disarmed victims. When unlimited and unrestricted by individual rights, a government is men’s deadliest enemy. It is not as protection against private actions, but against governmental actions that the Bill of Rights was written.
Stay Fishy My Friends
Stay safe this weekend.
4 Replies to “Independence Day: We The People”
“The last official act of any government is to loot the treasury.” – George Washington
And they are doing a good job at the moment.
Thanks for the post Jimmy. Very appropriate post…….unfortunately.
Warning signs I wrote last Nov. for friends and family. Think about it.
Let’s take a look at the warning signs of impending totalitarian regimes. How are we to know that government has became the enemy of ‘the people’? What are the universal signals that an attack is being made on freedom? Let’s start a list.
1. Cloaking government in secrecy, refusal of oversight by properly constituted legislative bodies, press or the citizenry.
2. Subtle but ruthless attacks on traditional political and social values and criminalization of some aspects of traditional social value systems.
3. Distortions, half-truths and outright lies by the ruling administration that even the simplest citizen recognize as such.
4. Criminalizing those who refuse to accept the new ‘truths’.
5. The imposition of programs and laws that are clearly not favored or desired by the electorate.
6. Favoring some groups or organizations over all others. notably political action groups, social organizations, unions, ethnic or religious minorities.
7. Imposition of law by means not allowed by the permit given to government whether by legislative over-reach, judicial distortions, bureaucratic assumptions of powers not held or Executive fiat.
8. Nationalizing private business ventures.
9. The imposition of de facto travel restrictions under guise of ‘national security’.(in fact the increasing use of terminology that includes ‘security’ is a giveaway of the paranoia at the top that presages totalitarian regimes!)